Continuity and Change Workshop In the summer term St Cross offers school groups the opportunity to take part in its Continuity and Change Workshop specially targeted at KS2 pupils. Visits must be booked in advance. This experiential workshop gives pupils the chance to explore different aspects of St Cross including:
- Taking the dole – refreshment offered to travellers for over 800 years
- Meet a Brother – an introduction and Q&A session with a resident Brother
- Old and New Buildings activity – examination of building materials and features of the hospital
- Church Detectives activity – exploring key features of the church and understanding their significance
- Food and Hospitality activity – getting to know the historic kitchen at St Cross and what it was like in medieval times
- Preserving the Past activity – thinking about aspects of craftsmanship at St Cross and why it is important to preserve old buildings
School groups are welcomed by a Brother and given an introductory session. Teachers and their helpers from school then lead their class, divided into four smaller groups, around a range of activities. At the end of the day pupils meet with the Brother again to share their learning and ask any questions. Full details including a map, programme for the day and helpers’ notes can be found in the pdf document titled Your Visit Information and Resources and Old and New Building Sheets. For all booking information and everything you will need to know to plan your trip download the pdf document titled Pre Visit Information and Booking. If you would like to visit St Cross outside the summer term please phone to discuss suitable dates.